View Single Post
Old 2012-09-30, 02:29   Link #13
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Haru got a lot of hate for his character design, but I thought it worked wonderfully. I don't think I could have felt as much emotion for someone more "normal looking", and personally I think much of the hate toward his looks is rooted in the social taboo regarding overweight people (and how 99% of media is nothing but attractive people). Either way people will rationalize whatever they want, so for me, I thought it was fine.

On the other hand, I thought the Dusk Taker arc was too emotionally drawn out. I was hoping less time would be spent on characters going through emotions, but in the end I guess the payoff was a very happy final episode....so....it was worth it.

Overall, I liked the character development. I just wish that it wasn't almost entirely Haru. You get fed small bits here and there about the other characters, but that's about it. The cast of side characters was quite large, and most of them are footnotes that "could" be important, but mainly serve to help the story along. I loved every scene with Scarlet Rain, so much energy. And Ash Roller, giga-awesome.

Loved the art and sound. The voice acting was solid too. And ultimately I found myself hanging on every episode. It wasn't perfect, it certainly wasn't life changing, but I wish more anime put in the effort that this one did. We could use more of this and less of the usual fanservice stuff. Although Blood Leopard....mmmmm.

*cough*

9/10