View Single Post
Old 2012-01-18, 17:20   Link #4281
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
And again the 49ners still gave up 32 points and 2 consecutive 80 yard TD drives and would have been the Goats if Allhax Smith didn’t miraculously come through, are yall GEUXING insane? Giants D is playing the best in the playoffsTeams keep the Saints to under 40 and they throw a party I guessCut the cake and celebrate visually great football being over…Harbaugh Bowl and it’s 13-9 final score is gonna be soooo creamy…Enjoy
Considering almost every Offense has some miraculous drive near the end of the game (especially within the 2 minute drill) not all that surprising the Saints would do such a thing. Still doesn't change how they were held the rest of the game and how key that was to the victory. Better you have the Saints fight from behind than yourself and let them be the answer to the possible final lead change (if I even explained that right).

Key word "playoffs", they were not the same defense when the Saints played them. They were pretty bad.

When you've got an offense like the Saints, that is a pretty darn good accomplishment. I mean heck I rarely see the Saints even punt.

Your opinion, but I'd rather watch good ol rough n' tough football with good defense and hard earned drives or at least methodical ones instead of college football esque shootout crap. Why would I want to keep watching Brees pass to wide open recievers in zone coverage all game long. So visually appealing. The only physical impact I get from Saints games is watching Graham or Thomas do their thing. Most Saints games are boring and predictable. Sure the Pats are much the same way, but when I watch them I feel like I can see the process. When I watch the Saints I just get the impression that the defense is retarded. It just looks like recievers casually move about the field without any opposition, its like watching a game of practice with the D making constant mistakes.

Gee, Let me stand 10 feet behind this reciever in a zone, Brees won't ever be able to hit this guy on the pass. oh wait maybe we should try another zone D that should work in theory, but it probably won't because there is always 1 or 2 guys who will get beat on a cut (despite us having tons of space between the guy!!) or blow some coverage down the field and leave someone else open, ohhh stupid us.

Oh but what are we suppossed to do, we can't physically mess with recievers anymore because this is the pansy league now after all and we need more high scoring games with tons of offense for excitement.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote