View Single Post
Old 2012-09-14, 23:58   Link #2
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

This happens way too much in America. I am under the impression you aren't from America. I coulda sworn I once read something about you living in Asia. Do you live outside of America and still put up with loads of this crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
What is more, companies invest tens of thousands of dollars to teach their employees how to create desire in their customers, selling based on wants instead of needs.
The electronics and media giant Best Buy is gradually going under. This is due to multiple reasons, one of which being what I quoted. Whichever people who run the company, they think this is key to their success, and it is actually something that is reducing their success, and they just don't get it, even after all this time. Lots of customers that go to Best Buy stores are just so fed up with and sick of the way the store employees try to cram sales and services down their throats (complete with the plastic interpersonal relationships they establish). Like you point out, Best Buy will only really keep people that commit to this, and if they want to keep their jobs there, they have no choice but to be a persistent, bothersome salesman.