View Single Post
Old 2011-01-23, 18:35   Link #75
BarryW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
For me Yui Horie characters are either really annoying, rather adorable or downright creepy. In all honestly a lot of people like Kushieda's character, but I'm not someone who seems to hang on to her unbridled optimism I guess. Episode 3's depiction of her character help set her apart from the typical stupid optimist, but it doesn't really change the fact that she's my least favorite character out of the main 5.
Each time I watch I get a slightly different take on the characters. Minorin's weirdness is hard to take sometimes, but I realize that Minorin's optimism while locked in the storage room is forced. She's really scared but refuses to show it. At the beginning of the show none of the characters are showing their true selves. Minorin least of all.

During the whole episode Ryujii is babbling about Minorin and Taiga is growing more and more irritated. At first I though she was just annoyed, but now I think that it is the first stirrings of jealousy. She's never had someone treat her the way Ryujii does and she doesn't even understand the feelings she is starting to have. Think of how she reacted when Ryujii started calling her Taiga. This makes some of the later events even more understandable.