View Single Post
Old 2010-08-24, 16:36   Link #807
Will Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
Yes, the rule specificially mentions that there may be co-plotters there just needs to be a single black nature. In the Tea Party example you can easily concentrate that part on Kyrie, as Rudolph is clearly designed to be her 'mindless helper', as she even says that she was controlling him through a child.
That rule would have been much to easy to go around.

Dine's rules are just a bit too exact and restricting to actually be used in Umineko's context, therefore I'm still reluctant to really want them to count.
I know the rule mentions that an accomplice is allowed. I still think however that the Kyrie culprit theory is impossible if she is the only one doing the killing.

Also I really need to improve my Japanese. I got the entire Kyrie argument wrong. Now with a dictionary in hand, this is easier.

I wonder if Ryuukishi did the right thing by bringing Dine into the mix. I have a feeling it wasn't his original plan, and the rules will end up severely underused. He just did it because the Dine rules showing up at some point were probably speculated a lot(I just caught up with the series, so I wouldn't know.)

Even as a die hard Golden Age fan, I don't expect all mysteries to follow Dine. It is way too restrictive. But if Ryuukishi really manages to make Umineko appear this flexible despite being bound by Dine chains the whole time, I will have to tip my hat off to him.