Thread: Crunchyroll Malevolent Spirits: Mononogatari
View Single Post
Old 2023-02-07, 12:23   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
He figured something out near the end of the fight before the interloper showed up, but he had a good beating already, could have gone either way. He might've been screwed if they were actually out to kill him but they just wanted some answers, while he was the one fighting back for survival.
I'd say both sides were fighting while seeking answers. Hyoma didn't even bust out his weapons until the very end. Probably because having him chop off some of their limbs would have made it tough for the story to avoid escalation . His initial plan was quickly seal one and beat up the other to get some answers. They did a better job of that side of it though. Which could mean they'd do better in a kill or be killed showdown.

I think it could have gone either way. Being more injured at the start of the fight would have been a disadvantage. But if he thought they were trying to kill him that might have set off rage mode and I don't think both of them would walk away unscathed from that. Even if Hyoma didn't end up winning. Either way, I don't think round 2 will go well for them if they try it again. Didn't show all their cards, but showed enough for Hyoma to be much better prepared.