Thread: Licensed Cross game
View Single Post
Old 2009-05-15, 21:02   Link #333
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
The problem with the tsundere debate is that it's purely definitional. As is the case with a lot of loan words, the definition is always evolving to keep up with the developing archetype. No doubt tsundere-ism has been watered down, and it's no surprise people are leery about using a word that links a rich and complex character like Aoba to K-On's Mio, who is a simply awful character as far as depth is concerned. So I don't think the question is so much whether or not Aoba is tsundere (and personally I think she is, but I think most anime-related loan words need pretty loose definitions by their nature and how they're used), but "what is a tsundere".
well, the original tsundere was nothing like what you see in anime. The best place to see what a tsundere is, it will be in a maid cafe where they have tsundere maids. Those are nothing like what we see in anime (the fetish of being abused is just a mild form of Masochism). I will say Aoba has more Tsun than Dere. We really need to create a new term for her. that also makes us think that Koh has developed a mild taste of Sadism as he seems to enjoy the abuse he receives from Aoba(He does keep coming back for more all the time).
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote