View Single Post
Old 2012-11-09, 17:46   Link #3014
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
See, this is just bullshit. Literally nothing changed between last week and this week. No laws were passed, no new taxes initiated, consumer spending actually went up, the stock market bumped a bit but again only because investors reacted emotionally instead of to any actual changes in the companies invested in. It bumps more when some prime minister gets caught having an affair.

And yeah, "business expenses" .... let's see my country club dues versus Joe-Bob losing his house trying to find another job because I canned him. Oh, I like the idea of Joe-Bob starving, I'll go with that.

Before I'd lay anyone off, I'd be looking at a lot of other things, price of product/services, where expenses can be cut, my perks, across-the-board hour reductions (e.g. 35 hrs/wk versus 40) --- and that's assuming I was actually seeing a real change in cost of operations.

There has been no real change in cost of operations.
Well, the excuse they're using is that the changes were already there, or in the tubes, (Obamacare), but that they were hoping to tough it out till Romney arrived to save the day.

Not that I don't agree with you. If they're the kind of people to cut their nose to spite their face, there's no reason to be guided by them.