View Single Post
Old 2008-05-28, 08:30   Link #1288
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Bullet View Post
alright.. maybe im wrong. but from my view its like that >_>. But suzaku never looks at the bigger picture don't you think? he only wants to free the japanese. why doesn't look at a bigger picture? like destroying britinnia. so that the whole world can return to peace?
Regardless of what Suzaku used to believe, I am now focusing on his current character flaw; Suzaku's reluctance to make decisions.

From the situation with the Assassin, we know the current Suzaku is indecisive. This is even though he is a KotR, and have been given the authority to sign death warrants. I say indecisive rather than kind, because Suzaku had no problem letting the assassin die by someone else's signature; he just doesn't want the moral responsibility of condemning a man to death.
If Suzaku was truly a kind man, he would have objected to Anya making a decision for him. But no, the man's death is okay as long as he doesn't pull the trigger.

If Suzaku had made a decision on his own, whether he pardoned the man or condemned him to the firing squad, it would still be a sign of decisive leadership. It would have been a sign he knows what he wants to do as a Britannian leader, and thus has some capacity to get what he wants as a potential future ruler of Area 11...

But he did neither.
This then, is a Suzaku who have no desire to lead.

Suzaku did not make a decision on the fate of a human's life, but instead let someone else make the choice for him. This is a definitive sign that Suzaku, even after all these episodes, had not gain any leadership potential. (Which directly mirror Lulu's inability to become less of a weakling after all these episodes.)

Suzaku will never be an effective ruler of Area 11, even if he become a Knight of One. He would try to behave like a benevolent ruler in principle, but all that will happen is all the abuse and oppression will continue because Suzaku will never do anything to stop it.

Blood spilling is only bad to Suzaku if it is on his initiative. If someone else is doing the killing, or alternatively someone had take the responsibility for Suzaku's actions by ordering him, then it is all A-Okay.