View Single Post
Old 2010-06-18, 21:50   Link #2024
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Dear King Bradley fan please help me understand something!

Know we know that the Homunculi use their philosopher stone to regenerate wounds brought upon them by their enemy. But Bradley didn’t have any of his wounds heal! I know he was a human at first but look at Lin when he turns to greed, he had his wound regenerated. And what the deal with him turning old after scar killed him, was he living past his limit as a human? Please can anyone tell me this dilemma? And thank you if you can.
It's clearly stated when Bradley was telling Mustang his history, before Team Mustang was split up and Riza was forced to be Bradley's assistant, that when the man who would be Bradley was through fighting his internal battle with the Wrath Philosopher Stone, there was only one soul left, and even he didn't know whose it was (his or Wrath's). Now, since he had the baseline homunculus buffs to strength and agility, in addition to the Ultimate Eye, along with the sick amount of training that he went through and experience gained in battles since, he was on par with any other homunculus in ability. But, since he only had one soul, and that's what the homunculi use to repair their injuries, he had to heal himself the old fashion way (not that it was ever likely an issue).

Lin's battle with Greed, on the other hand, was cut short before any appreciable loss of souls could occur due to Lin letting Greed win. So GreedLin has all the recovery ability of any of the other homunculi.

Bradley's hair went white as an additional indicator that he was dying. He wouldn't disintegrate, since he had a primarily human body, but they still needed to show some kind of change once his powers left him. It's never really stated just how old he is, but even if he is of an age where dark hair is normal, his body has been through much more than even someone 100 years old could endure.