Thread: Negima Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2006-11-03, 00:25   Link #30
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The shortest answer to "why did they remake the manga" is that they think they can make money at it. Seriously.

That said, I think a manga based on the anime remake of Negima!? is pretty lame conceptually but apparently the otaku consumer base in Japan is well-trained to buy what they're fed.

The original manga is entertaining and does a fair job of developing and evolving the characters and their relationships. The new anime kind of assumes the viewer knows the characters to some extent and knows how they connect so it seems lacking in that respect.

Unless someone reviews the new manga and it rocks, I'm going to pass on it and stick to the original manga series.

I read manga either in translated english (if someone has licensed it for the US) and in the original japanese (though much more slowly) if it hasn't been translated. I'm currently reading Mahoraba: Heartful Days and Yotsuba& in japanese because one hasn't been licensed in the US and the other has been left in translated limbo by ADV's manga company.

I assume some fangroup is translating the new Negima!? manga and we'll be able to take a preview of it soon.

Okies.. back to my translating of Mahoraba so I can figure out what the hell they're saying at one point.