Old 2009-01-08, 12:15   Link #3123
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
Editing again.

Spoiler for chapter 4:

Review:

You still retain ALL of the mistakes I have corrected the past two chapters. I suggest you edit it yourself before posting; it really does help. Sometimes, when you write something for the first time, you don't notice such details. Try to step away from it, and imagine your work was someone else's and look at it with a critial eye.

Try asking these questions to yourself as you edit:
  • Has every been spelt correctly?
  • Is the grammar correct?
  • Would this make sense to the reader?
  • Are there a sufficient amount of adjectives and adverbs to fully describe the setting/feel/mood I am trying to set up?
  • Do I see the scenes like a movie running through my mind as I read this?
Also, when you write action scenes, I see you tend to just write things as it happens. It gets boring after awhile; you should add some imagery into your action scenes to make them beautiful and realistic. If you just go: x did this, and y dodged that, the reader gets bored of reading the story.

You are too straight forward when revealing something; try to be more subtle, as it creates suspense and makes the reader want to read even more. Sometimes it is good to make the reader walk in circles before you get to the point .

I'll repeat again: edit it yourself before posting! Hot off the press items are never at their best.
Thanks for the editing and the advice.

I edit it myself but I always let something escape.

What do you exactly mean by repetitive mistakes? Run-ons and stuff like that?