View Single Post
Old 2008-10-16, 15:51   Link #10019
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the different kinds of guns that exist today, but it's a handgun. You know, the kind of thing a police officer would carry that can be strapped to the waist or on the shoulder with a belt or sling. I'm even thinking of having Elise give Nanoha one of her guns, since in the Triangle Heart OVA she has two of her own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
If you want handguns, take Desert Eagles. I'm no gun-expert, but I know what I like, and I do like Desert Eagles.
I, however, am.

A Desert Eagle is nice if you want target shooting or a really scary looking gun, but in most combat situations, you won't want that brick. It's powerful, yes, but it's also very very big. Nanoha wouldn't be able to grip it with one hand. I'm a big guy myself, and even I find gripping it a little daunting.

Very commonly used, by police forces and the US military in general, is the Beretta M92FS, designated M9.

Also popular with police and elite branches of the military are the SIG series of firearms, particularly the P226.

The US Marines, as well as SWAT teams around the US, are very in favor of M1911A1 derivatives, choosing brands such as Springfield, Kimber, and Para-Ordnance. They do not have as high a capacity as other pistols, but M1911A1s are astoundingly reliable -- almost 100 years old and still in use to day.

I could talk about this all day, as the variety of arms is staggering. PM me if you want more detailed information,