View Single Post
Old 2011-10-13, 19:18   Link #2832
falcolobo
The Third Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
*PUTTING A NERD GLASSES*

The vis insita, or innate force of matter, is a power of resisting by which every body, as much as in it lies, endeavours to preserve its present state, whether it be of rest or of moving uniformly forward in a straight line.
-Isaac Newton

Inertia is the resistance of any physical object to a change in its state of motion or rest, or the tendency of an object to resist any change in its motion. It is proportional to an object's mass.

PIC: Passive Inertia canceller works by diminishing the inertia, the resistance force of kinetic energy (such as from acceleration, recoil, and impact) of anything that has mass, ANYTHING. If there's kinetic force, there's inertia countering it from the mass. PIC was controlled directly by I.S. core, allowing it to protect the user while at the same time maximize I.S. function.

PIC is not perfect, hence sheer kinetic force works just well against I.S. Armor, and the pilot still can be influenced by extremely high-G condition.

AIC: Developed from PIC, Unlike PIC, AIC can be controlled at whim by the user (Via Image Interface System), there's no difference except that AIC can influence specific direction the user wished.

AIC has some downsides, AIC only block something in the front of the field emitter because the field has limited coverage to maximize it's inertia-canceling efficiency.

Spoiler for Light Particle:

Bear in mind, each and Every Image Interface weapon requires high concentration to use, AIC included.
You've saved me, finally some reference material that I completely understand and makes sense...except for HOW they affect inertia (Newton is probably rolling in his grave right now).

Oh and at the quantum level, light is both a particle and a wave....if you DON'T look at it a the quantum level it acts like a wave, but if you do look at it at the quantum level it instead acts like a particle. Look here.

Quote:
It's mentioned that she needs concentration in order to use it so she has to be standing completely still in order for it to work. If she can concentrate when she's flying or being shot at then she can use it anytime she wants to. That would be gamebreaking though.
I don't think its just concentration, when using the AIC, I suspect that the PIC is compromised in potency, thus limited mobility and flight wouldn't work...

Probably...