View Single Post
Old 2004-05-20, 22:05   Link #44
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Yogo_Popo: Fanservice is there for a simple reason: To appeal to the male gender. As much as you like to admit it or not, some guys (although not all) are attracted to "fanservice". This exploit of male nature is used by commercials/shows/anime/ads...etc...everywhere in order to gain attention or gain a larger audience. Which is why you see "sexy" girls in skimpy bikinis selling cars, or you see a school girl wearing extremely short skirts running up a flight of stairs in the wind. I don't expect you to understand it, but just know it. I got a strange feeling of déja vu here...

Anyways, a little off topic here. There's a question that I've been wondering. I mean, in all the animes I've seen, the school girl uniforms all have extremely short skirts. Short as in, barely covering the essentials. You know what I'm talking about. Do school girls in Japan dress like that? Or are the school uniforms in Japan that provocative? Can someone from Japan clear this up for me?

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2004-05-20 at 22:08. Reason: Minor grammar mistakes...
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote