View Single Post
Old 2009-03-07, 09:40   Link #166
wistfulloner

Ya know, Ryuji should get hit by a car next episode. Then we will be getting 3 confessions of love from the girls at the same time in the last episode.

I couldn't agree more with War_Lord, this is seriously an anime which is deep in meaning, and requires a lot of inner reflection to discover it. Many think Ep22 is uneventful, but if you look closely you can see a lot of very subtle things.

Like Ami saying, "When the child is not there, the father can do anything he wants." She is actually pointing to how comfortable he is around Minori in the absence of Taiga, something like what Ryuji said to Taiga regarding Kitamura. You get my drift.

Another point is how Ryuji wants to keep Taiga's confession a secret, but that event has already placed Taiga as a possibility for himself. Relating back to Ep9, Ryuji thought that being with Taiga for the rest of his life is something hard to imagine, but things take a twist for him now after hearing her confess.

But something which bothers me is the mentioning of Ryuji's financial background and his ambition. There are only 3 more episodes left, and those factoids about him don't advance the story forward very much and are simply taking up precious little time. I must admit, I found it hard to be interested in those facts, since they won't play a part in the later story. (That is unless they create a 2nd season, which is very, very unlikely.)

For the greater part however, this has been quite an episode.

Last edited by wistfulloner; 2009-03-07 at 09:50.