View Single Post
Old 2014-12-22, 14:37   Link #3
Esclair

The second season started really strong with the initial episodes of GGO, but the latter half of the arc really started to drag. Repeatedly playing the same scenes regarding Sinon's trauma and Kirito's flashback to the Laughing Coffin raid made them less effective. I didn't really like how Kirito's PTSD (or rather the rather quick appearance and disappearance) was handled either. Overall the story was not really developed to my expectations based on the premises laid out in the initial episodes. The pacing also seemed like it moved at a snail's pace.

Calibur was pretty much fluff, somewhat fun for the Thor transformation but overall didn't add much to the story.

Mother's Rosario is what saved this season for me. Asuna takes center stage and we get to ditch Kirito as a main and everything is better for it (Kirito works better as a side character anyways). The relationship between Asuna and Yuuki was extremely well done and the pacing and direction of the arc felt way better than Aincrad, ALO, and GGO.

Mother Rosario's inclusion and conclusion to S2 is what brings my score to a 8/10
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote