View Single Post
Old 2015-01-04, 10:46   Link #10
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Animation Quality: 08
Pretty ok (if not excellent) animation... Some A-1 slip-ups, but it's A-1 after all.

Voice Actors: 08
Except for probably Yuuki (or was it Yuki?) whos male-ish voice screams ....... almost-no, okay, it wasn't that bad...

Script: 10
Mother's Rosario 11. GGO goes with 09. Probably because GGO missed a few details from the LN that caused the "suspension of disbelief" in some areas. Seeing more fleshed out characterizations and Asuna as MC was refreshing, even as I read the LN prior.

Soundtrack: N/A
I don't want to judge soundtracks anymore, as I feel like my bias is coming in. SAO's OP/ED singers are always good (although, mind you, I like S1 OP1 better than S2 OP1). The other BGMs are also surprisingly good, but there ARE some reused BGMs form S1... -_-

Editing: 09.5
Mother's Rosario 11. GGO goes with 08. Same reason as with the script really.

Enjoyment: 10
Despite all that, I give SAO an excellent ride from start to finish. Sure you might be fed off by "feels", or by "asada-san, asada-san, asada-san", but in the end GGO really gave VR Counter-Strike a real image and MMO-ish setting, which is always nice seeing. Calber and Rosario tooke me back to Alfhiem, which, if you forget about that Fairy Dance Arc, was also as refreshing (Bow class wut). I really hope that S3 comes, and I'm sure the guys managing this will go the train all the way... I hope. Like I said, forget Fairy Dance, and you'll enjoy S2 more, really!

Emotional Involvement: 09
What actually brought this down by a point was only my off-turning during the GGO arc (especially with Kirito), but as they say, YMMV. However, Mother's Rosario sold it for me, and Yuuki's death felt like Little Buster's finale. Sure it was only a couple of episodes, but I felt that it was like a train fast approaching...

Total (Average): 09 / 10 (would watch again)
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote