View Single Post
Old 2006-04-24, 15:02   Link #18
Free Voice

Animation's ups and downs (and a bit of a fishy story)

Well, as much as I was satisfied with the episode n° 2, I should say that episode n° 3 is a mild disappointment. The animation has ups and downs which make it hard to be brought to supreme pleasure in one episode and then to see low-grade drawings in the next... Well it was also the case in the first season, so I guess that I'll just wait and see.

The story, instead was somewhat "fishy" (no easy pun intented) . The episode had more focus on the comical aspect of Urd pushing Keichi around on his jobs (and I am just wondering why she didn't seize the opportunity of doing something herself), than on the ring. I have to say that this episode does not come up to the dramatic force of the episode n° 5 of the OVA... But then, the story is different also.

One thing rather annoyed me: seeing Urd on her broomstick at all sorts of odd places at the sight of everyone... The whole story does not really benefit from having Urd mixed up in.

OK, once again my thanks to AOne and AnY for their wonderful job (getting an episode online monday morning... you must be really doing all-nighters on this!). Actually, does anybody know how many members are working on this specific project? I see some names in the credits, but that does not tell me how many are working on this project to keep such schedules...

About lying: uh, was it lying, or did Belldandy seem a bit out of touch with reality, while waiting for Keichi - we all know that worries let us loose the track of time...

Last edited by Free Voice; 2006-04-24 at 15:12.