View Single Post
Old 2008-11-15, 17:38   Link #205
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila-chan View Post
Lyle is a liar. He shoots just like his brother, but pretends that he couldn't shoot as better as his brother.
Not really; when in simulation, he kept scoring less than his brother.

It would be better to say that while Lyle is good, he isn't the sniper his brother is.
(On the other hand, he might be better in other regards.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
What I think about Saji is that he has done things one would admire him for before the time skip. When Louise was injured, he rushed all the way to Spain to check on her; after his sister died, he went through the depression stage of the 5 stages but in the end he went back to his studies and made something of himself. After the 4-years time skip, I was under the impression that Saji was doing pretty well with his life. He completed his studies, graduated and started working in the job of his dream. I think that the way how he is dealing with his current situation overshadowed what he has done in the past, and made people forget about it, rather than look at what happened to him in full and look at what is happening to him now.

Agree/Disagree?
Completely agree. I've always felt that Saji has been a very healthy human being; he isn't crazed or obsessed with events beyond his control, he's kind and helpful, he stays out of trouble, and he's lived (and just wants to live) a productive life without harming others and without others harming him.

He is, in short, the ideal sort of citizen in any peace-loving world that Celestial Being might want. Which is why it's so ironic that CB keeps bringing him into danger and misery.

Granted, that sort of person can be boring, but...
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote