View Single Post
Old 2008-02-03, 19:37   Link #85
ShadowAssasin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
1. Arguable. We will never know for sure since we have no idea how good of a job Kakashi could have done... Stronger ninja =/= better teacher
2. Perhaps because it would make everyone else happier? Hell i think Sasuke himself would be better a person if he had stayed in Kohona
3. but how much more we will never fully know... of the skills he's shown, Snakes and CSlv2 are the only two thing that we know for sure Kakashi couldn't teach
4. Well, considering his target, the sharigan was likely to play the largest role in the fight and as such the stronger it is the better. Not to mention that Sasuke's chances would probably be better if he had the MS which in turns out kakashi could have given to him

Really, it's a "what if" scenerio and therefore we will never know for sure which is better as we will never know exactly how he would grow while in kohona. however, i would be willing to wager that he would not be has cold as he is and that both he and his friends would all be a lot happier, and that he still would have grown strong enough to kill Itachi... whether or not he would grow as fast is uncertain, but he still would have gotten there (if longer, i'd say no more than a 2 year delay on his revenge)... y'know, the funny thing, part of sasuke's mission is to revive his clan and he could use a does of Kohona kindness for achieving that ... cold hearted avenger doesn't really make for very good lover/husband material
1. ok, we'll leave it at that, however I believe the probablility is in oro's favor.
2. well, that of course depends on what you consider a better person
3. I'd wager a significant amount more.
4. He's fighting him at the moment, i guess we'll see if he needed MS or not (I was under the impression he attained some version of it?)

You know, I don't view sasuke as "cold" as everyone is making him out to be; not much colder than he originally was anyway... He wasn't some upbeat, cheerful character to begin with. If he stayed in Kohona yes, he probably would've been more cheerful than he was; but why change him? I think the diversity in the show is better. Thats why watching Neji's team is so hilarious. haha.

I think a plot is better when a characters morality is somewhat ambiguous as opposed to the dualistic good guy vs. bad guy plot. It's much more interesting this way IMO. There is way more character depth, not to mention it is much more more practical and realistic. We all do good/evil things for many different reasons. My favorite character in a story or movie happens to be the anti-hero(suprise, suprise). The character that may perform evil acts, however they are for a good cause; and he/she is not evil at heart. (one of my favorite anti-heros is Achilles from the movie Troy)

Last edited by ShadowAssasin; 2008-02-03 at 19:51.
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote