View Single Post
Old 2009-06-30, 05:03   Link #1368
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
Then it's a mark against all three of them, at least. And like I said, if Ai really was a simple alien squirrel, and not the harbinger of a Vajra infestation, I'm willing to bet we wouldn't be having this conversation, and everyone would be happy to let it slide.
All right, all three were irresponsible when it came to Ai-kun, but I still say there is a difference between Ranka ("I found an alien creature") and Alto and Nanase ("My friend has an unauthorized alien creature she's keeping as a pet"). That's why people aren't raking them over the coals for the green squirrel, not that I think anyone should be raked over the coals for it.

I think it's important to keep in mind that there might be situations where a character has more culpability than another, even if they all share a portion of the blame.

But really, when it comes down to it, my only problem with Ranka is that by a certain point, she becomes unfathomable to me. I loved her in the early eps, and thought she was totally sympathetic, but there came a point in time where I just didn't understand why she was making the choices she was.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote