View Single Post
Old 2012-03-07, 22:46   Link #7
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
@ SaintessHeart, I realise than anyone reat differently to thing but one of the misgiving about the post, the owners, were among the reasons the last 2 chefs left. Even before I had to assume my chef's post, I saw problem about the onwers's decissions related to the kitchen.
Passion and bigger pay can do many thing but I don't see myself as a passionated nor a mercenary, but like a professional.
Here are the criteria to be a professional. It is not just about being good at what you do, liking what you do is a huge plus. Being "professional" is just an act, it is what you do out of your own heart in savage times that count.

Since the issue you have seems to be about the owners' decisions, I think it is good to take a look at what decisions the owner make that you have issues with, i.e How do they interfere with the kitchen decisions that make things difficult to work? Are there any work arounds? Are they forgetting that no matter how high their rank in management, the chef is always head of the kitchen?

Most importantly, is that you have to get the support of the other staff in there before you take on the post, when shit happens, they are your biggest allies, second is the eatery manager. Here is where social engineering comes in, provided that the people you work with are honest to themselves and don't partake in office politics.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote