Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-20, 11:02   Link #8465
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Pretty much agreeing with all these points. I think Hata's letting his fanatism for Akamatsu get the better off his objectivity here.
I can see that. After all, it seems that he's failing to not understand the following points that I made in my complaints about the Sport Festival arc:

1. Remember, the real reason why this event took place wasn't to find out who Negi has feelings for, but rather because Misa discovered that over half the class has kissed Negi, and jealous that she didn't kiss Negi yet, convinced the class that what he's doing is wrong, with the event being a way to teach Negi a lesson in taking advantage of a girl's emotions. Akira, Nodoka and Yue shouldn't be the only students that know better and defend Negi here. Also adding to the problems is that no one brought up the following things that would easily cause the class to realize just how full of bull Misa's complaints are:
  • The fact that most of the kisses were done not out of romantic intentions, but because it was the quickest way to form a Pactio AKA a way to assist Negi in battle;
  • Haruna and Yuuna, the two main students that sided with Misa when she accused Negi of being a womanizer, only kissed Negi because they wanted the Pactio card (thus meaning that they're pretty much hypocrites here).

2. By the mess once the class learns about Negi liking someone, I meant the sloppiness in how chapters 348-349 are handled. More specifically:
  • When chapter 347 ended, the main students involved in this mess have learned about Negi liking someone, only for the next chapter starting with with them rounding up other students and then ganging up on Negi and Asuna with no real buildup;
  • There's no real explanation to why Zazie eventually sided with Negi in chapter 349 after spending the entire last chapter siding with 3-A.