View Single Post
Old 2013-07-17, 03:53   Link #1229
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I just watched the movie after delaying it for so long. I extremely enjoyed the first movie in comparison to the first season, so expectations were high when watching A's. It delivered.

I agree with almost every direction the movie took, starting with Rein's narrative and the slow start instead of the Nanoha/Vita fight. Aside from the Hayate part (more on this later), I especially like the recap of Fate's story and the time she spends with Nanoha in the present. The overall plot was explained better than in the series, and the little things that caught my attention that I wanted to see again (Vita's bunny shopping trip, the devices activating to end the series) was there. The presentation of the material was superb; although I knew what was going to happen, it was still heartfelt in several places.

The only thing I didn't like was the early establishment of the Wolkenritter's objective. I believe that in the series, it wasn't until episode 6 that we learn more about them - before that they were portrayed as pretty much the bad guy. The movie threw some hints early that Signum and company are not completely evil, which I think lessened whatever impact one would have on such a plot (that is almost identical to season 1...). So probably, Hayate's association to magic should have been left for midway through. It would be better to hate the Wolkenritter for longer.

9/10
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote