View Single Post
Old 2009-12-25, 00:29   Link #2240
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
though thinking about it now, ultimately "Natsu vs Gray" thing that occurred in earlier chapters was really kind of a thrown away dynamic in that it seemed to exist for no other reason than to provide a few laughs for ONE arc... i mean, after the lullaby arc, that "we can't stand being in the same room together without fighting" mentality just dropped off the face of the earth and they converted to somewhat friendly rivals.
I guess they found each other not as bad as previously thought, after some forced time together Plus Galuna Island (which closely followed Lullaby) may have mellowed Gray out a bit.

Quote:
Same goes with their fear of ezra which was more or less gone after that arc (aside from when they knew she was coming to discipline them)...
It lasted through Galuna Island, but then there was no time for it in Phantom Lord, and then Tower of Paradise happened, which definitely mellowed Erza out. (I miss her metal hug though... she stopped doing that too )

Quote:
all in all, what i'm saying is that i would rather Loki get some more character development before the stellar king arc, over a few good laughs
I can sympathize. I still wonder if Mashima ever plans to do anything with Kana. She's like the Tenten of Fairy Tail

Quote:
though thinking about things i may have forgotten, did Natsu have any real role in gerald's plans in the tower of paradise arc; cause i do not recall... looking back at some old chapters, i was reminded that Sieg seemed to imply that Natsu's growing strength was somehow related to his plans, but i don't recall Natsu having a role in the tower of paradise...
Nope, Gerard's plans for Natsu didn't come up during ToP. It suggests the Zeref and Dragon subplots are related though.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote