View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 16:08   Link #31713
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
Well, Hanyuu was a character very closely related to the story of Higurashi and she wasn't introduced until EP7.

You don't even need an Ikuko to get to Tohya/Battler as long as you know he somehow survived and he started writing forgeries.
Yes and no. If I don't remember wrong we heard the characters rambling about Oyashiro-sama and about hearing Oyashiro-sama's presence/footsteps rather early.

And I'm not sure how much Higurashi fits with Knox... I mean Hinamizawa Syndrome? Queen carrier? Spirit of a God showing up and then even taking a physical shape and no one noticing it has horns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
I am TOTALLY serious.

It's mostly that I find Ikuko=Yasu terribly, terribly terribly icky and unlikable.
Well, considering that Yasu is:
Beatrice (elder, younger and first)
Shannon
Kanon
TMF19YA
Kinzo's grandaughter
Kinzo's daughter
Kuwadorian Beato's daughter (yes, I separed her various family relations, if you feel like counting them as one suit yourself)
Clair
and I won't go into her assorted roles (hidden family head, culprit, maker of the assorted magical creatures and gameboards, writer of the message bottles, each cousin's love interest, supporter of the Beato's cult) and the fact it's unsure if she's a she or a he...

... well, I wouldn't be surprised if she were to be also Ikuko. I guess I wouldn't be surprised not even if it turned out actually she's Okonogi in disguise...

Also GreyZone has a point. She showed up too late and yet she was sort of important and part of the solution about how we never heard of Battler.

We could have guessed Battler managed to escape and have amnesia or was hiding and even that he was writing books about Rokkenjima but to figure out he'd been helped by a random rich stranger that kept the fact she found him hidden and is willing to pay a doctor to have his silence... well, that's too random and too uncommon for us to guess... and reminds me of what Kinzo did with Bice Castiglioni.

In short as far as I'm involved if Ikuko is Yasu it's probably lame (and either she lied to Tohya or most of the backstory we learnt is a lie Tohya told us) but it makes more sense than having her as a random stranger.

said this, Umineko had an Italian submarine filled with gold trying to hide it in Japan so if Ryukishi decided to make another stuff that has no sense maybe I shouldn't be surprised.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote