View Single Post
Old 2007-09-15, 21:34   Link #68
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic

It Tennessee it's 15, learner's permit computer test (or Pencil and paper, I took the computer one). You are are supposed to have 50 hours epxerience with 10 of those at night (you can easily lie about that, most do, my dad however made sure I got all of it). at 16 you are eligible to take the road test to get your intermediate restricted license (I'm 19 and still have it but I coulda upgraded licenses at 17. Just too lazy to get it changed). You don't hve to take any classes but some do to lower their insurance. My insurance wouldn't be affected so I didn't take any courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
Yeah, I drive a 2001 Honda Civic EX (Standard) and I fully understand you on the short gears, It's insane that I can only get to 20Mph in first if I really push it (I redline at 6,750 and shift at 4,500). Great fun it is though to scare the occupants. And hey, almost 2 1/2 years driving and no infractions or accidents yet! -crosses fingers-
Try an 8,000RPM redline. Rev hungry B-Series FTW!!! Yeah, I can get to about 30-35 in first, about 82 in third about 115 in 4th and I've never had the balls to go any faster than that. I normally redline 4th and back the hell off cause doi 115 in a tin can is scary. But still, that damn Pikes Peak tranny I have (all B16 transmissions are like that to make up for the complete lack of torque these motors have but people love to mate them to B18 engines too cause B18 have more torque plus this tranny = hella badass acceleration) it's just ridiculous. Moving from a mostly stock 95 Civic EX Coupe with the original D16Z6 motor (125HP, 109 TQ longer gears) to a lighter 96 Civic CX hatchback with a B16A2 engine swap (160HP, 111TQ, approx 165-170HP and 115-118TQ with mods, really short gears) that was a hell of a learning curve. I basically had to relearn how to drive temporarily cause it had more power, the car was lighter, no power steering, stiffer stage 1 racing clutch, a 7lb flywheel (vs. a stock 25-30lb flywheel), short gears, geez, I squalin tires every chance I got and not even meaning to (then again it had 13" steelies with bald tires when I first got it, 2 days later it was riding on my 15" Integra GS-R/LS mesh alloys with good tires).
Honda Boy Techy is offline   Reply With Quote