View Single Post
Old 2012-09-02, 08:12   Link #246
Karakuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Spoiler for Response to spoiler:

Shounen has way more fighting, lots more standing around in the middle of fights talking and posing, etc.
Just as Toaru Majutsu no Index isn't shounen, but seinen; SAO is clearly much more Toaru Index than DBZ/Bleach.

Exactly. It definitely would have been fine, and meant more than just showing off how powerful they are, if Kirito and Asuna had teamed up to take down the boss together like we see in the OP, rather than Kirito suddenly soloing the boss just to look cool.
I know that probably the producers made Kirito fight to show him off, but I prefer seeing it this way: It's a man's duty to protect a woman, not to mention a woman who he is in love with ( even if he doesn't recognise it ). He said " Stand back " or something among those lines, so he definately wanted to take the danger by himself, and not endanger Asuna. It would also be quite impossible for them to help him, I mean, just look at this Double Skill ranges...it's almost all the Boss' body, and I think you need extreme concentration to use those skills well used, if someone jumped in he would've lost that concentration for sure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the Dual Wield Swords, I think everyone can USE 2 swords, but they CAN NOT use its skills. What I think it was meant was the 2 Swords Skills was unique, and not using 2 swords for the style.
And no one would use 2 Swords in a battle for style if you can't use skills, however, if you use 1 Handed Sword you can clearly use skills with it, just like Asuna, Kirito and Klein are able to.

About how to get and why it's an unique skill, I think it's because you have to push yourself to your limit, like getting the highest reaction speed or something like that, therefore he would be the only one to get it. What's the point in surpassing everyone else if everyone can have that skill? I don't get it...

Anyways, I'll start reading the LN, I can't hold on anymore, this episode was too much for me, I gotta read it.
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote