Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2006-10-17, 16:01   Link #29
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I feel sorry for the person who died.
I don't feel sorry for someone who has plenty of wealth enough to play World of Warcraft in comfort of his room, yet bitches and gripes at others for having more money than himself, and shows no sympathy for their demise simply because they are richer than himself.

You don't realize just how lucky you are, and how much you take for granted.
There's nothing more pathetic than one filled with pointless, baseless anger for the rest of the world.

peace.
Actually I DON'T have enough money to play world of warcraft every month!

So you just owned yourself there.

And no, I'm not saying it's wrong to enjoy your money, I'm saying it's wrong that athletes get paid that much while more needed professions are paid so little! So when an athlete goes and gets himself killed, I think it's sort of karmic justice for them having to work a quarter of what most people work (at least timewise) while making 30x as much.

Go ahead and enjoy your money, but when you get killed by having fun with your expensive hobby (aka flying a little airplane and crashing, having your $3 million yacht sink in the caribbean and drowning, etc. and soforth.), I think it'll be sort of karmic justice that it happens to you because you can afford it, and we can't!

Think of it...Cory Lidle wouldn'ta crashed and burned if he couldn't afford his own airplane (a fifth of a million right there) and flying lessons, would he?