View Single Post
Old 2010-02-21, 05:33   Link #1168
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySoldier37 View Post
Episode 7 was great, Shizuo is just awesome he is now officially my favorite character in Durarara. I though it was funny when he threw the power ranger at the kids birthday party, I couldn't stop laughing at that.

I hope we get to see some more of Shizuo in the future he is just too awesome. Really looking forward to the next episode.
That was just great when he owned the power rangers. Probably not a great idea for a job there . Still damn hilarious to watch.

He definitely became my favourite character after this one. His past was pretty interesting to look into and you can't help feeling for the guy since it's outside of his control. Has to be incredibly tough to get by like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
There are just some people you dont like before they even open their mouths but in this case i see way Shizuo hates Izaya its pretty well deserved. There first duel Izaya won by default because Shizuo got hit by a truck LMAO I think these two will be bitter enemies till their on their death beds and even then Shizuo will be trying to crush Izayas head with a heart monitor.
Yeah there really are some people you know you will hate. Of course Izaya completely lived up to expectations and probably surpassed them. At this point Shizuo really has built up quite a few reasons to hate Izaya. After all that has happened it's probably a good idea to try to take him out right from the start. I could seriously see Shizuo on his deathbed picking up the heart monitor ready to beat Izaya to death with it. Since you could certainly still see Izaya saying something to piss him off even at the end.

Quote:
I think the only 2 people that can keep him check is his brother which i enjoyed all their scenes together especially the one with him going nuts and his brother doesnt say a word just breaks out the milk lol. Then there is Celty that was a nice scene at the end well anything scene with Celty in it is good for me.
You are probably right there. I'm not sure if Celty could keep him calm, but would probably have the sense to just stay out of the way. Sadly too many stupid people go at him and pay the price. A nice bond he has with his brother who certainly knows how Shizuo's life has gone. A good relationship between brothers that helps comfort Shizuo no matter what happens. Plus that friendship between Shizuo and Celty does make sense. She definitely helped with the irritation he'd been feeling. Always good especially in Shizuo's case to have someone around you can simply talk to. Besides she understands how someone can feel when being around Izaya.