View Single Post
Old 2012-03-26, 12:35   Link #102
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
Edit: Based on this blog, the possibility for KyoAni doing LB anime is highly unlikely.

Quote:
negotiations broke down with Kyoto Animation. Because Kyoto Animation esteems itself in the creation of very high quality works, they are sworn only to animate one project at a time. But at that particular time their line-up was already booked out by Pony Canyon and Kadokawa.

Vava: Because we lost KyoAni, we felt (insecure) about handing out our franchise to another studio. (implied: and so we rejected all other proposals) Nowadays I am fully aware of the fact that there are other studios out there who are capable of carrying our franchise.
If I have to choose, I'd would rather have White Fox doing it. Their OP for Rewrite was quite good, not to mention the success of S;G anime.
Now that you bring that back up it does indeed seem to help the theory that KyoAni isn't behind this which is a shame. And while I'm rooting for White Fox myself I wouldn't be opposed to see PA Works pick it up since Angel Beats had pretty good production values and the only flaw of that show was the clearly insufficient amount of episodes it had to tell it's story.

PS: btw I think that Angel Beats was Maeda only and not Key. Am I right?