View Single Post
Old 2007-11-21, 01:18   Link #7
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
it's not doubt that Korea, India, and Taiwan link up with China and Russia simply because it's beneficial in the long run.
Like Japan, they are more closely associated with the United States than China or Russia. So I really do not see how this arrangement could be plausible. Unless military intervention by China was involved in overtaking the said territories, because if they had a choice, they'd rather side with the US-dominated 'union'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
None of the Asian powers would even think of having Japan join them so the only other option would be the US if Japan wants to survive.
Except we are not looking at a plural, we are looking at a singular. There is only one Asian power (in addition to Japan), and that is China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Japan does not have the Union to give it power, it'll have to rely on HRA.
Here is the thing, as you have already stated, Japan is given a rather 'unique' status. This implies that they are possibly 'militarily' neutral. Although I am not entirely sure this fictional Japan in 00 would accept foreign armies to station on its soil. Since its a very, very sensitive topic in Japan right now.

But as I have stated, I do not know why a fourth organization failed to appear, which again, includes countries like Australia, Korea, Taiwan and Japan itself. It may even extend to the Philippines if necessary.

And they can always build a fourth elevator. I don't know whats limiting them, really. This series have yet made a plausible explanation.

Anyway, I was under the impression that this discussion should somehow relate to real-world politics. If not, then I will point out right now that some of these political arrangements are simply impossible in the real-world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
There's one question I have about HRA/AEU: WTH happened to Russia? If you look at the map, it split at the Urals.
Russia encompasses a territory extending from Europe to Asia. Regardless, most Russians are very conscious about its Euro/Asia split. It wouldn't be surprising if Russia (if it still exists in 00) is divided into Eastern and Western Russia.

Interestingly enough, an article was recently published in regards to the potential military threat of China, with Russia as its enemy. In the article, the author (who is Russian) states that traditional Russian advantages, an extensive territory and large population is being, and I quote, "stomped upon" by their Chinese neighbors, a country with a larger population and a mentality even more willing to risk lives.

So maybe before 00's time, China invaded Russia, split the nation to two and formed the League. This would explain why most politicians in the League are, Chinese!

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2007-11-21 at 01:38.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote