View Single Post
Old 2008-12-26, 01:27   Link #995
pilipok
pizza lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Wow, I did not click on the Ranka thread for a few days (due to obvious reasons), and something as blatant as this one would show up.

You are a manager? Ohhhhhhh!! I bet you also think you are the only one 'round here.

Yeah, who the fuck are you trying to impress?

I used to be a foreign-language support department manager at Bank of America, with more than a dozen people working under my wing until I left the job in pursuit of higher education in order to obtain an advanced academic degree. I not only wrote reviews, I also performed nearly every employment management functions required of me and had to endure one of the most ill-developed corporate culture (a major contribution to the recent economic downturn) known to mankind. This is a culture where my own superiors suffered from a level of greed beyond redemption, while finding ways, no matter how twisted, to legally justify their actions (if I had my way, I'd have them executed by firing squad). In short, I know how that shit works, so please do not presume, coming in here, and gloat your alleged credential thinking others don't know how that particular function entails. That said, does it matter? Absolutely not a fucking bit. Why? Because I sure as heck know very well not to watch a bloody anime with the perspectives of a bloody manager, and I certainly need not explain myself. I don't know why anyone else, or you, would.

But in case you did, then you had just failed on numerous accounts. Or perhaps you simply exercise a different analytical level than most Macross fans? Then again, please remind me the last time Macross, as an anime, turned into employment management 101?

You say Sheryl and Alto has no chemistry. I appreciate your time & effort in formulating an opinion, but they will not be heeded. Many of us found Sheryl's interactions to be the most realistic portrayal of a relationship yet (in fiction), especially with their latter interactions reinforcing this very point. Fact is, they proved to be so popular that fans in Japan wrote massive fan mails throughout the series' duration in support of Alto and Sheryl.

It is unfortunate that your sole reaction is akin to telling them to piss off.

Sorry bud, that won't do. Or perhaps you also experienced in a relationship on a different analytical level than most people? Which by the way, is quite an arrogant thing to state, putting yourself in a holier-than-thou stance as if dismissing our experiences entirely. Fact is, many of us can relate to Sheryl & Alto's relationship, it brought us wonderful memories and serve as inspirations, it is most unfortunate that the same could not be said about you.

- Tak (Merry Christmas, now go get a fucking clue)
OUCH . STAB IN THE HEART lol