View Single Post
Old 2012-09-11, 17:45   Link #360
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
And that is why so many Westerners have been turning to anime over the past decade. Yes, we all know the fandom's been here for a while, but I can remember when manga was still placed next to Garfield and The Family Circus in the comics section of most bookstores instead of given its own section (circa 2001). In my life there've been two reboots of the Batman franchise, one of Superman, and countless TV/cartoon adaptations and retreads. How many proto-weeaboos got into anime in the first place because it was unlike anything they'd ever seen (or offered a new spin on something they thought they knew)? So kudos to you, Urobuchi-sama.

Hopefully the Japanese will continue with Yamamoto's line of thinking and not fall into the mainly-remakes trap. Unfortunately the recent glut of moe SOL shows and mixed-reviewed remakes indicates to me that that day may come.

So that's why I might follow this series over the Madoka movies. I think Madoka deserved its all its initial praise, but I think there's only so much mileage you can get out of it. (And at the risk of being a hypocrite, I'd much rather see Shaft finish off SZS.)
Well madoka will get a third original movie ^^
And yeah madoka deserves all the praise despite the two movies remake.
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote