View Single Post
Old 2007-12-10, 06:17   Link #187
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Is this turning into a homophobic thread? Tieria underwent a lot of seeming stress in this episode, and it's normal for a person to break down given the rush of emotions he had to deal with in just a few seconds. So yeah, we have funny reactions to that when we get faced with the same problem, but that does not equate that, um, a "gay-esque" reaction that would permanently destroy all that character's self-worth in one go. All of the Meisters have their own quirks, it's just that Tieria happens to be the "unlikeable" one of the group because of what he does, but that does not mean his character has no hope left for redeeming itself because of his actions which are supposed to be "gay" in some respect. If he does turn out to be gay, I wouldn't hold it against him. In fact, I would like him better because now I understand him better, provided that his character would not be subject of anything "biased" or whatever as well; the biased part in this case would mean writing that equates to stereotypical things people sometimes associate with their pet peeves, which includes "gayness". I am hoping that Tieria would still develop as a character more, so I don't hate him or dislike him. It would be interesting to note how the series would develop his character and the delicate balance that has to be made in writing his character and how it is presented to the viewers...and congratulations Gundam for handling such a very delicate subject. There would be people who would get turned off by this idea, but if they can't handle it, then just let the series be and don't rant about it because they showed something very offensive to them. Or go watch something else. Basing a character characterization on a biased premise or something would just totally be .

I would still have to see the ep first, so yeah, my comments about the ep would be later.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote