View Single Post
Old 2008-02-22, 11:33   Link #4
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Speaking of Vice Admiral Tsuru, I found it quite funny how in the manga she actually told Doflamingo to stop messing around at the marine headquarters. She treated him like an immature little child by saying something along the lines of "Doflamingo, this is your doing yeah? Be a good boy, Stop." I didn't like how the anime reenacted this scene by not having her speak at all. If Whitebeard does end up raiding Impel Down, it would be interesting to see her formulate a plan that would repel any of Whitebeard's advances. This would be a good opportunity to showcase her tactical brilliance I feel.

Regarding the three admirals, known as Aokiji, Akainu, and Kizaru, it is interesting to note what their ideologies are on justice so far. Aokiji has his own personal sense of justice by doing what he truly believes is the right thing to do in the given circumstances. He would never go so far as to jeopardize the lives of innocent people as a means of adhering to the status quo (absolute justice) of the marines. Contrary to Aokiji's beliefs on justice, Akainu believes in eradicating all evil by any means necessary. In other words, Akainu strictly believes in absolute justice. If any civilians happen to be in the way throughout the course of apprehending pirates, he would victimize those civilians without hesitation just to catch those pirates. Now, this might just be me, but in the story yet to come I can definitely see Aokiji and Akainu getting into a fight. It is clearly evident that there is quite a bit of tension and friction going on between these admirals. Akainu so far has exhibited himself as a ruthless villain and if he is to go too far with his beliefs in the future, he just might provoke Aokiji into stopping him. Finally, we have Kizaru who is yet to make an appearance in the story. We don't know anything on his views of justice, but what do you all speculate his justice perspective will be like?