View Single Post
Old 2008-02-22, 15:55   Link #6
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
My next question is, do the marines (from Sengoku on down) know what the Void Century is hiding, or are the Gorosei ultimately controlling all that information and simply using the Marines as guard dogs to cover up the truths? Also, does the Cipher Pol organization work for Sengoku or are they directly commanded by the Gorosei?
Chances are there are a few members in the marines that do know the truth behind the void century. Now, this is just my speculation, but I would think that such individuals would probably be Sengoku the Buddha, maybe Aokiji, Vice Admiral Garp, and Vice Admiral Tsuru. These characters have been around since Gol D. Roger's era and they were most likely both well informed and involved in the events up until his death. Take Garp for example. He cornered Gol D. Roger many times and if he himself was ordered to capture Gol D. Roger, he must have known from his superiors what Roger's motives were and why he was such a threat to the World Government.

Regarding the Cipher Pol organizations, I believe that the World Government founded all of them. The marines are a supporting force that act on behalf of the world government, so any of the marines' services would be accessible to the CP9 as well. However, the Cipher Pol's superiors are still the five elder stars (Gorosei). They were the ones who wanted Robin executed for the Ohara incident and her ability to decipher the ponyglephs, so they sent out the CP9 to apprehend her. In essence, the Cipher Pol organizations do collaborate with the marines to purge the world of pirates and any other potential threats, but their missions are mandated from the World Government.