Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2006-04-04, 08:43   Link #43
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
WTH? I saw BluWacky praising this show on his blog and this time I couldn't believe him - after all, he actually finished watching Madlax (okay, so did I, but I deleted them all right off...) - but for you to say it's really good too...
Oi! I resemble that remark!

Madlax isn't actually a good series by any means, but I had a lot of fun watching it.

Quote:
Great, not another damn show to watch! First Suzumiya Haruhi and then this... well, nice to be surprised... guess I'll take a look at it, although I can't help but say watching yuri feels just a little strange to me Though if it's done well I can be fine with it.
My philosophy is to always try the first episode of everything. If it's good, then yay! If not, then I can slag it off mercilessly without feeling too guilty

What makes Simoun more interesting than most other yuri shows is that it's not about the yuri per se - take recent examples like Kannazuki no Miko, Maria-sama ga Miteru or even Strawberry Panic, and the focus of those shows is the girl-girl relationship. If that's what you're looking for, then that's fine, but Simoun comes across more like Utena (although Utena wasn't this blatant from the beginning except in the OP, perhaps) - yes, there are girls kissing and stuff, but that's actually secondary to the storyline (as far as I can tell).

Well, at least that's how it feels to me at the moment; I'm as surprised as you are that I like it, I didn't like any of the trailers much!

(if it makes any difference I hated Joushikousei and Strawberry Panic; sometimes I AM predictable )
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote