View Single Post
Old 2011-10-16, 12:43   Link #21
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Faction variations WOULD be pretty damn awesome. I think I'd like that better than what we have in DOW 2, where you select different heroes to get different tech trees. In this way you're selecting different army tech trees to get different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Oh, yes, please! It's about time the Imperial Guards and Orks actually use their numerical superiority to the hilt.

Micromanaging wargears for each unit would be a headache though . I wonder if they're gonna make us select the weapons during battle or make us configure our preferred unit and weapon compositions before the game starts so in battle we'll only worry about choosing them.

Not to mention it would be nice if each army of the same faction can actually be different (Harakoni vs Catachan, Ultramarines vs Black Templars, etc) instead of mere skin changes.
Some kind of Total War pre battle configuration COULD be cool.

Though maybe you could also have IG outfit their entire squad with one type of special weapon all at once to simplify the process. Kinda like how they did it in Company of Heroes. If you had allot of IG squads, it'd certainly be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
I'd just love a full blown video game representation of the table top game with kick ass graphics and animations.
Much agreed! You could handle it like Total War, where before the game the players are given army configuration choices. This might make say, implementing the IG platoon structure easier. Instead of picking individual IG squads, you'd instead pick a platoon command squad, and be able to add individual squads and Heavy/special Weapon Teams to them.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote