View Single Post
Old 2012-06-18, 20:33   Link #5
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

As for me, I don’t like Queen’s Blade not because of its all-female cast, but the so-so story and (mainly) pointless fanservice. Well, In my opinion, a fanservice scene where none of the characters in it enjoy it, is pointless. So, if you want to give fanservice to me, please give me a representative character who enjoy those (preferably a male). It’s okay if pointless fanservice happens occasionally but if that becomes the whole content of the anime (generally speaking) I can’t find myself entertained. That’s why I can’t enjoy anime like Queen’s Blade & Ikki Tousen coz even when the sexy girls’ clothes got ripped to shreds, or there’s a bath scene, there’s no character to “enjoy” those lewd scenes (generally speaking), unlike many bath/peeping/accident scenes in harem anime. So, if there’s an all-female-cast anime about girls fighting each other, I prefer that it takes the fighting and story seriously like Mai-Hime and Claymore, not just a bunch of fanservice scenes directed to nobody except the audience. You can call me strange for that, but that’s what I feel .