View Single Post
Old 2009-08-26, 12:19   Link #11
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
A thought just occurred to me: What if Itsuki isn't just going along with Haruhi's plans to keep her happy but rather the link the espers share with Haruhi influences them to think she has some good ideas? ... That idea kept making less sense as I wrote it out.
No, it makes some sense to me. Beyond that, Itsuki perhaps tries to keep Haruhi happy just to make himself happy, as per that same link (i.e. if Haruhi's happy, the link gives him 'feedback happiness' of his own to feel because of it).

Koizumi has always struck me as the SOS Brigade member most afraid of Haruhi ever losing - like he has an uniquely strong emotional investment in her winning. Every time Kyon thinks twice about helping Haruhi in her latest game (be it baseball or Sagittarius III, or anything else), it's ultimately Koizumi who talks him into giving it his all in order for Haruhi to win.

Personally, I think that Koizumi exaggerates the impact that Haruhi losing would have. I don't think that Haruhi losing one game would cause the universe to come crashing down; I think it would cause a couple closed spaces to open up, maybe, but that's about it.

In a way, I sometimes think that Koizumi is holding Haruhi's emotional maturing back by refusing to ever let her lose.

Quote:

Also, there's no actual evidence that Koizumi is gay.
There's no actual evidence that Koizumi is gay... in general. But the way that he treats Kyon... I'm sorry, but there's something there. There really is, imo. If Koizumi's acting was that good, why didn't it show up in Episode00?

My own pet theory remains that Koizumi is straight... but due to his strong link with Haruhi, he feels the same attraction for Kyon that Haruhi feels.