View Single Post
Old 2007-09-27, 09:14   Link #2
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
[*]General impression of the series.
Sorry to say, but overall I found it disappointing. There were some exceptional moments of comedy and of drama, but overall it just did not even live up to the first season, let alone the source matieral.

Quote:
[*]Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
The story itself was too rushed, the pacing was off, and they attempt to cover too much source matieral in 13 episodes.

Quote:
[*]What could the creators/animators/writers could have done better.
They should have either (a) run the season for 24-26 episodes, and used the extra time develop the relationship, characters and storyline of Louise and Saito, or (b) they should have totally dropped the resurection of Wales story arc and severly cut down the Agnès story arc. The former really contributed nothing to the overall story, and the latter (while important as part of Saito's motivation) was not important enough to justify the amount of time that was spent on it.

Quote:
Animation Quality: 1-10
I would give it a 6. It was good, but nothing exceptional.

Quote:
Voice Actors: 1-10
I would probably give them an 8. Some good acting, particularly from Rie Kugimiya.

Quote:
Script: 1-10
No better than a 3, I would say. This is where the series really fell down. The job they did of adapting the source matieral to the anime was terrible.

Quote:
Editing: 1-10
I guess this would involve editing, but the crude juxtopositioning of the emotional content of the series with the comedy aspects hurt both (I am thinking especially of the final episode). Probably a 4.

Quote:
Emotional Involvement: 1-10
At times I would rate it as high as 8 or even 9, at others only 1 or 2. Overall, I would say a 4 due to the poor pacing and mood breaking "comedy".

Average = Total Series Rating
Only a 5 or 6, I would say. Not terrible, but not particularly good, either.