View Single Post
Old 2012-11-27, 20:58   Link #18
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Almost all anime I watched (and watching) are not really far from my expectation. So, not many surprises to me, except:

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
At first, I thought this will be another ridiculous harem anime. Turns out it has a coherent story, a deep theme of real-life lesson (keep fighting for your dream while facing reality), good balance between humor and drama and very likable characters (so far). I even like the hilarious imouto.

Zetsuen no Tempest
One of the best mystery anime this season. This anime is a good example of execution done well. The story is pretty unique, the characters are multi-layered, the pacing is near perfect, animation & character design are great, the action delivers, and the soundtrack is amazing. The only downside (so far) is the English (or Engrish?) OP song which is...weird (to me, at least ).

Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Just like Sakurasou, I expected another ridiculous harem set in sengoku period. Even though it didn’t far exceed my expectation in terms of story-ridiculousness, the execution of it is quite well done. Not a masterpiece, but it certainly surpass my expectation.

I may add other titles later but that’s from the top of my head now.

PS: I wanna mention Ixion Saga too since I was surprised by the comedy in the first two eps but the later offerings didn’t do much for me. So, yeah.