Thread: Licensed Mashiro-iro Symphony
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-30, 23:37   Link #236
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, it's probably important to note that, Airi's developing feelings notwithstanding, Shingo's feelings here are more hidden. We see him explain his behaviour at the end of Episode 4: he said that he did all he did for his own sake, because he didn't like the bad atmosphere. In a sense, with the scene that happened at the end of episode 4 (deliberately at the same park as episode 1), you could sort of say that Shingo and Airi are back to square one (perhaps just a little bit closer). While I definitely agree that this is not an omnibus anime, you could also say that Airi's "arc" is done now. It really all depends on what the anime writers decide to do from now on. With some of the hints they've been leaving, I personally don't think they'll do 100% Airi all the way to the end, at least... (but whether he ends up with Airi... I guess I'd have to make a bet...)
Shingo, I don't think its all that much of a mystery where his affections lie: Miu and Airi, and he clearly loves his sister. He likes the former two if his subtler actions and reactions are of any indication. Now which of the two does he like more, well who knows. To note, I don't know how much I buy him doing everything for the sake of his personality and not liking bad atmospheres. I think that it is true to a very large degree that he did it because he hates a negative environment and most of his actions line up perfectly with that (from trying to calm Airi in school to taking on the load of the work to being a nice guy with everyone to smiling) but his asking for something in return which could possibly throw him into more of said negative atmosphere (had the problems not started getting sorted out after he made his request) is somewhat bewildering if only taken from the point of: he did it for himself because he hates bad atmospheres. Probably, his actions there were a bluff to calm Airi and make it easier for her to leave but I feel that that was a pretty terrible bluff if he was just out to avoid tension in the air. (He's a boy, and Occam's razor blah blah.)

Bleh, if were to analyze Shingo's character we could call him two-faced to some degree... and then we couldn't even trust what he says!

If we follow formula, the current design leans towards Airi with a possibility of Miu. This can easily change to lean more towards Miu, but I can't really see the other girls having much of a central role as to be the main heroine by the end of the show. The next episode or two will probably make it more or less perfectly clear where this show is going.
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote