View Single Post
Old 2007-11-20, 03:50   Link #94
textureheap

To me a true romance requires close interaction between the main characters, thus anime like Full Moon falls a little short, you only see the girl get the guy in the last few seconds of the last scene, even the special that followed didn't show anything of the guy.

My #1 would be Kodocha, *cover your eyes* the english dub version. The scenes showing interaction between Sana and Akito are some of the most romantic I've yet seen. Too bad the rest of the animation falls well short, I really wish they had made this more focused on those two. Normally I can't abide dubs, but the sub version didn't speak to me at all, I wouldn't have even tried watching this series, but I found the first episode in the english dub by accident on youtube and was totally sold, the dub was exceptional and conveyed some serious attitude, I bought all the available DVDs and have enjoyed it very much.

Otherwise the runner ups:
Emma - A Victorian Romance
Ai Yori Aoshi
Lovely Complex
Slow Step
Kanon (both versions are well worth watching)
Lamune
Midori No Hibi
Video Girl Ai
Welcome to the NHK!

Of course Rozen Maiden might qualify on some level. School Days might have been among the best, but it turned quickly into the worst anime ever, also just beating out Evangelion for the worst ending. Would mention ef, but I have no idea where the story is going now, I somehow doubt the producers do either, next maybe they'll have a baby episode like Blue Drop.

Now I think I'm gonna go check out:
Suzuka
Hana yori Dango
Mahoraba Heartful Days
KGNE

Had them for ages, so many to watch, so little time.
textureheap is offline   Reply With Quote