View Single Post
Old 2011-03-24, 06:34   Link #202
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I'd like to know where you get Bake's accumulative points from, since Amazon Stalker doesn't have them (it only has the first vol and it's way out of date, only covering when the vol was first registered). At the rate Madoka is going it will hit around 17,000 points by the time it goes on sale, and if the last push that most anime get when they're about to go on sale pushes Madoka into ranking number 1 on Amazon then it might even cross 20,000, which insures sub 60,000 for the BDs. Here's the calculations from the 2ch BD/DVD thread.

Spoiler:

IIRC it's actually 78,554, but yeah, damn close to 80,000. I'd still put my money on Madoka doing just as well if not better though.

Yeah, that's true, it's sort of the same thing this season with Madoka and IS. Since there are virtually no other shows collectors are willing to buy, everyone's money is going towards Madoka and IS this season. I still say Ano Hana will manage to stand out since the team is just really good at budget management (consistent art/animation) and coming up with interesting original content that makes use of the characters and settings in their stories, but we'll see.
GAH WHO CARES. WE ALL KNOW MADOKA'S GONNA EARN SH*T LOAD OF MONEY JUST LIKE BAKEMONOGATARI.
But seriously 60, 000 pre orders... well that's just crazy. If it does happen I will clap.