View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 05:23   Link #1074
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
So I guess what it boils down to is that you suggest KyoAni should not take credit for the adaptations they make, and it was all a lucky accident that their Kanon and Clannad anime series sold, and could have been done by anyone.

It's your right to think that way I guess. I like to think anime studios actually matter.

So why did Key delayed Little Busters so long because they wanted to book KyoAni? Are they idiots who should have done what you suggested, and just pick someone else years ago?

I understand that you are trying to be optimistic. I just find it unnecessary to try to achieve this by claiming anime studios themselves as irrelevant. It is not a good sign if your defence of JC Staff is "they don't make much of a difference".
I'd like to think that the point he's making isn't "studios aren't relevant" as opposed to "studios aren't as relevant as what a fair number of posters here seem to think". As of now I think many just treat them as an overall figurehead to vent blame and/or shower praise, which is about the same as doing a sweeping generalisation.

JC Staff has made good shows under the steering of good staff. That's fact and we can say it for the vast majority of professional studios out there.