View Single Post
Old 2012-10-10, 09:05   Link #2683
KuroiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Sorry, I kind of have to work full time and study for my license, so I really don't have much time checking the baka-website other than to see if there is an update for Campione or something. Especially given how rare there is a update in the Seirei's thread in the forum, I gave up reading it more than two weeks ago.

If you really have a problem with my translations, you can change it, delete it whatever, that is why the whole thing is a wiki. I just finished reading the remaining 4 books and...I need a break.
You seem to be getting a little defensive. I'm practically not home for 5 days a week, and only allowed to use my phone for Internet for like 20mins a night or no time at all. And my weekend is practically gone this week.
But that's not the point, I'm only checking with you about your source, because phrases missing or lines missing or completely different terms are simply not translation differences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
A perfect translation is a bonus, not a requirement. I'm pretty sure too that most people will agree a flawed translation is better than no translation. Complaining gets nothing done. If you're unhappy about a standard, make corrections or TL yourself. If the only contribution you can make is to whine that stuff's wrong, then please take it elsewhere instead of bothering those who do get shit done.

(Aimed at no one in particular.)
I'm working on it but slowly, the inaccuracies are just inaccurate, it's more than style differences. I'm practically retranslating over his work and I don't particularly like that, so I'm trying to check with these inaccuracies.

Last edited by KuroiHikari; 2012-10-10 at 09:25.
KuroiHikari is offline   Reply With Quote