View Single Post
Old 2013-01-04, 11:54   Link #2380
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
On the other hand it wasn’t my fault I have to repeat my point. All you guys did was trying to proof me wrong and keep bringing the subject on the same matter: “it can’t be done” when I really want to explore the idea a little more. I am hammering my point? And you, trying to proof me wrong, are not doing the same? Just saying we all keep the same tone and refuse to move forward. For that matter Lhklan you did bring up the questions I let without answers when I realize we were getting nowhere, so really is not just me. But I did keep repeating myself.
... ... You might want to look at that first line of yours. It sounds very arrogant to me. On the subject matter: my stand was never "It can't be done", but more "It can be done, but the author can't do it due to various constraints".

Also, "I am hammering my point? And you, trying to proof me wrong, are not doing the same?". Problem is, if you're not hammering your point, there's no need for me to prove you wrong now is there?

And lastly: Please quote the part where you "did bring up the questions I let without answers when I realize we were getting nowhere", cause I sure as hell can't.

Quote:
I agree with you, tactics are important but is not the only factor. Besides strategy is even more important in wars and that is more important than battles. In the end just saying that tactics are good but not always work when the enemy has a very superior force.
'Besides strategy is even more important in wars and that is more important than battles.". But if you lose every battles, how can you win the war?

Quote: "No plan survives contact with the enemy". Sure, tactics might not work, but then when you can improvises, things can change. And drones/golems aren't really known for improvising things now are they?

And before you gave the advanced AI argument, think about this: How much time and money would it cost to program an AI that can improvise on the spot? Then you have to implement them in the drones. Think on it.

Quote:
And Kaijo, you don’t have to do anything. People here is able to say their own opinions and to tell me if they have a problem, so if you see this as a burden on you is really easy to fix, do as you tell me and keep it to yourself.
... Now you're just being sanctimonious.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote